IIT Mandi invites applications from the interested candidates for admission in ‘M. Tech. in Biotechnology’ programme. The programme started since August 2016 and this call is for the intake of second batch.
The degree will be offered in one of the following areas based on the courses covered and research conducted by the students.
- M.Tech in Biotechnology
- M.Tech in Biotechnology with specialization in Systems Biology
- M.Tech in Biotechnology with specialization in Medical and Nano-Biotechnology
The candidates are requested to fill in the online application form given here latest by 14th May, 2017.
- M.Sc. or B.Tech. in Life Sciences or related areas with a minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5) (relaxable in case of SC/ST, OBC and PH applicants as per prevailing government norms) along with a valid GATE Score.
For all B.Techs from IITs who graduated with a CGPA of 8.0 or above, the requirement of GATE qualification is waived off.
- Candidates appearing for final examinations of their B. Tech./M.Sc. program in 2017 can also apply and if selected can join the program provisionally. At the time of the interview /counselling they must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that by 30th July 2017, s/he will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s/Masters degree.
In case such candidates fail to secure above mentioned marks, the provisional admission will be terminated with immediate effect.
Mode of Selection:
Shortlisted candidates will have to attend an interview conducted by IIT Mandi. The decision of the selection committee will be final.
- The last date for submitting online application form is 14th May.
- The list of shortlisted candidates will appear on our website latest by 21st May.
- The interview will be conducted latest by 15th June.
- Results will be published latest by 30th June.
In case of any query, the candidates are requested to write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The official link of the notification is here.