The School of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Mandi invites applications from interested candidates for admission to the Two-Year (Regular) M.A. in Development Studies program starting from August 2021.
Indian Institute of Technology Mandi or IIT Mandi is located at an average altitude of 3000 feet above sea level in the scenic forested Himalayan mountains along the banks of the river Uhl, a tributary of River Beas. IIT Mandi is an autonomous premier engineering and technology institute located in Kamand valley, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh. The institute was established in 2009 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Multi-disciplinary approach, foregrounding issues and challenges of development in the Himalayan region.
- A combination of rigorous and relevant courses with exposure to real-world development challenges.
- Understanding the basic scientific and technological underpinnings of developmental challenges and their existing solutions.
- A mandatory field study component for understanding the laboratory of Development Studies.
- Participatory research through components of dissertation/guided
- Ability to communicate results to a range of stakeholders, including academia, professionals in policymaking and implementation, local communities, etc.
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of a three/four-year Bachelor Degree (B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Tech./ B.E. or equivalent), after 10+2 or equivalent schooling, from a recognized University or Institute with at least 55% marks/ 6.0 CGPA on a scale of a 10-point/equivalent (a minimum of 50% marks/5.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale/ equivalent for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates), are eligible to apply for admission to the Program.
- Applicants awaiting final results in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection will be contingent on the production of the final mark/ grade sheet satisfying minimum marks.
- The list of shortlisted candidates will be notified on the IIT Mandi website. No separate letter/ email communication will be sent.
- The Admission process is completed in stages: Written-test and Interview
- The Written Test is the preliminary round which comprises 60 marks.
- Only those candidates who secure 40% or more marks (i.e. 24 out of 60 marks) in the Written Test will be called to appear for an online interview.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- No TA/DA will be provided for appearing in the admission process by the institute.
- The last date to apply is April 20, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.