Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. program in various disciplines and areas of research in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences for the semester commencing in February 2021 at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mandi.
Indian Institute of Technology Mandi is an autonomous engineering and technology university located in Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh. Since the first batch of 97 students joined in July 2009, IIT Mandi has grown to currently host 125 faculty, 1,655 students, and 1,141 alumni.
Candidates may apply under one of the following categories:
- Full-time research scholar position
- Part-time research scholar position
- Sociology: Urban Studies, Sociology of Religion, Post-reform India; Tribal issues in contemporary India; Infrastructural Development
- History: Intellectual History/ Intellectual Biography of Medieval India; Transnational History; Latin American History.
- Management: Consumer Behavior/ Marketing Translation Studies.
- Cognitive Science/ Psychology/ Human-Computer Interaction.
For Full-time research scholar position
- Post-Graduate degree in relevant field with minimum 55% marks; in the case of SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH, it is relaxed up to 5%.
- Must have qualified UGC–JRF/ NET or Equivalent examination.
For Part-time research scholar position
- Candidates working on Faculty positions in academic institutions in HP or J&K.
- Candidates working in organizations of repute in any part of the country.
- Two years of work experience, and Post- Graduate degree in a relevant field with minimum 55% marks; in the case of SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH, it is relaxed up to 5%.
- Approval of potential guide is mandatory without which application will be rejected.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is November 30, 2020.
Candidates are required to produce original testimonials/ certificates at the time of the interview. Part-time applicants are required to furnish a ‘No Objection Certificate’ issued by their employer at the time of the interview. Applications for areas not invited by the institute or not matching interest areas of the potential guide may be rejected.
For full notification, click the link below.