The vision of IIT Mandi is to spearhead cutting edge research and development of technologies needed by the world in the years to come. Research groups will work together in creating and harnessing the newest technologies needed to serve the people of the region and the country, to tackle problems of global importance.
In order to achieve excellence and high impact locally and globally, IIT Mandi will strongly foster inter-disciplinary research and development. With a view to innovating sustainable technologies for widespread use, IIT Mandi will encourage strong Humanities and Social Sciences participation in technology research and development.
The initial thrust will be in the following areas:
- Energy-efficient and environmentally sound infrastructure for the Himalayan region (renewable energy systems, buildings, transport networks, waste management, water resources management, etc.)
- Technologies, including IT and communications, for sustainable development (including disaster management and increasing the viability of fruit and vegetable growing through mechanisation/biotech and post-harvest value addition)
- Materials for electronics and electrical engineering, including meta-materials and nano-materials
- Other research areas of interest include all areas of computer science and electrical engineering and all areas of mechanical engineering.
Candidates who are interested in research in any of the above areas and have a proven track record relevant to it are encouraged to apply to these Schools.
Individuals who combine a strong academic record with a few years of relevant industry experience, particularly in design and manufacturing, will be preferred.
Exceptional candidates in other areas may also be considered.
Overview of application registration process:
- Sign up by giving an email-ID and a password.
- Validate your account by clicking the link in the email sent to you by the administration.
- Login using given email-ID and password.
- Fill and edit the forms.
- You can log out as you wish and can resume from where you had stopped the previous time.
- Final preview before submission is shown to you in which you can correct the form if you have found any mistake.
- Final submission of the form.
- Get the application document and summary document and a print out of the same.
- Sign the declaration at the end of Application Document and send it along with the Summary Document to Recuritment Cell, IIT Mandi by post or by fax (Address is mentioned on Contact Us).
- Alternatively, you send the scanned copies of these documents (after signing the declaration) by e-mail to email@example.com (Please paste the images obtained on scanning into PDF documents and send these pdfs.)
- The deadline for confirmation of application is and that for receipt of Application Document and Summary Documents.
- If you get selected, you have to come along with the printouts of application document, summary document and certificates, papers and other documents as needed.
For more details, please visit this link.