The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mandi invites applications for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor Grade-I & Grade-II, Associate Professor, and Professor in the School of Computing and Electrical Engineering in the following specific areas of Computer Science Engineering (CSE). Exceptional candidates in other areas may also be considered.
Indian Institute of Technology Mandi or IIT Mandi is located at an average altitude of 3000 feet above sea level in the scenic forested Himalayan mountains along the banks of the river Uhl, a tributary of River Beas. IIT Mandi is an autonomous premier engineering and technology institute located in Kamand valley, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh. The institute was established in 2009 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Assistant Professor (Grade- I & Grade-II): All Areas of Computer Science Engineering
- Associate Professor: Databases
- Professor: Databases
- For Assistant Professor Grade-I: Ph.D. in a relevant area with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in appropriate branch/ discipline with consistently good academic record throughout. At least 3 years relevant industrial/ research/ teaching experience excluding, however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
- For Assistant Professor Grade-II: Ph.D. in a relevant area with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in appropriate branch/ discipline with consistently good academic record throughout. Candidates not eligible for Assistant Professor Grade I may be considered for tenure track for the regular post of Assistant Professor Grade-I. They may move to Assistant Professor GradeI after fulfilling the eligibility requirements of Grade I and based on their performance evaluation.
- For Associate Professor: Ph.D. in a relevant area with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in appropriate branch/ discipline with consistently good academic record throughout. A minimum of 6 years teaching/ research/ professional experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor in an academic institution or Senior Scientific Officer/ Senior Design Engineer or equivalent position in a research organization or industry as on the date of application. The candidate should have demonstrated adequate experience of independent research in terms of guidance of M.Tech. and Ph.D. students, a strong record of publications in journals of high impact factor, patents, laboratory/course development, and/or other recognized relevant professional activities.
Applicants should have a passion for teaching, should be exceptionally motivated, and should have an established record of high-quality research. IIT Mandi promotes an interdisciplinary culture and faculty members can collaborate with Institute faculty in other areas of engineering, basic sciences, and humanities, and social sciences. Also, with its location in the Himalayas, IIT Mandi provides unique opportunities for research on socially-relevant technologies for the Himalayan region.
- For Associate Professor: Rs.1,39,600/-
- For Assistant Professor Grade-I: Rs. 1,01,500/-
- For Assistant Professor Grade-II: Rs. 92,600/-
The posts carry allowances such as D.A., H.R.A., and transport allowance as per rules of the Institute which at present correspond to those admissible to Central Government employees stationed at Mandi.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The last date to apply is February 20, 2021.
Phone Number: 01905-267217
For full notification, click the link below.