The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi invites applications for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor Grade I & Grade II, Associate Professor and Professor in the School of Engineering in the following specific areas of Civil Engineering. Exceptional Candidates in other areas may also be considered.
Indian Institute of Technology Mandi or IIT Mandi is located at an average altitude of 3000 feet above sea level in the scenic forested Himalayan mountains along the banks of the river Uhl, a tributary of River Beas. IIT Mandi is an autonomous premier engineering and technology institute located in Kamand valley, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh. The institute was established in 2009 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Assistant Professor (Grade- I & Grade-II): Structure, Geotechnical, Water Resources, Environment
- Associate Professor: Ground Water Solute Modeling, Landslide Monitoring and Mitigation measures, and Earthquake Engineering.
- For Assistant Professor Grade-I: Ph.D. in a relevant area with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in appropriate branch/ discipline with consistently good academic record throughout. At least 3 years relevant industrial/ research/ teaching experience excluding, however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
- For Assistant Professor Grade-II: Ph.D. in a relevant area with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in appropriate branch/ discipline with consistently good academic record throughout. Candidates not eligible for Assistant Professor Grade I may be considered for tenure track for the regular post of Assistant Professor Grade-I. They may move to Assistant Professor Grade-I after fulfilling the eligibility requirements of Grade I and based on their performance evaluation.
Applicants should have a passion for teaching, should be exceptionally motivated, and should have an established record of high-quality research. IIT Mandi promotes an interdisciplinary culture and faculty members can collaborate with Institute faculty in other areas of engineering, basic sciences, and humanities, and social sciences. Also, with its location in the Himalayas, IIT Mandi provides unique opportunities for research on socially-relevant technologies for the Himalayan region.
- For Associate Professor: Rs.1,39,600/-
- For Assistant Professor Grade-I: Rs. 1,01,500/-
- For Assistant Professor Grade-II: Rs. 92,600/-
The posts carry allowances such as D.A., H.R.A., and transport allowance as per rules of the Institute which at present correspond to those admissible to Central Government employees stationed at Mandi.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The last date to apply is February 20, 2021.
Phone Number: 01905-267217
For full notification, click the link below.