Tech and Innovation Fair (TIF) provides a platform to bring forward a hard core tech project or prototype and convert it into a minimum-viable product (MVP) with well-structured business mentoring that would ultimately ensure its success as a market-shelf product with a suitable target consumer pool. The fair is conducted as a part of competition which will have an online round and a finale at IIT Madras during Shaastra 2019.
A selected number of applying teams will be screened forward to undergo mentorship from experts in the field of tech and business, which will assist them in building their project into a startup. With TIF, you will be networking with some of the top accelerators and incubators in India who will guide you through the right decisions and emerge successful in this highly competitive ecosystem.
At the final round you will be showcasing your product to the consumers and taking live feedback from them during Shaastra exhibition which witnesses a staggering footfall of 30,000 every year. The winners will receive a cash prize as well a chance to get incubated by some of India’s top firms.
- The Competition is open to all currently enrolled students and early stage startups. Teams may include graduated students and the teams should have a hardware prototype while they are registering for the event.
- App based startups and services are not eligible to apply for the event.
- There is no limit to team size and interdisciplinary teams involving students from multiple colleges are strongly encouraged.
- The competition accepts as qualified teams new ventures or significant expansion of an existing business but only if the technology solution being proposed takes the venture in significantly different directions and promises major innovation and expansion.
- All team members should be present and participate in all webinars and workshops conducted online as well as during Shaastra.
- All plans, pitches, and presentations must be accurate and represent the venture in an honest manner. Misrepresentation will result in disqualification.
Oct 20, 2018 to Jan 06, 2019
Aneesh J: +91 9500187080
For full details, visit the official website by clicking here.