IBSE Post-doctoral Fellowships @ IIT Madras [Rs. 45K/Month]: Apply by June 30
IBSE (Initiative for Biological Systems Engineering) is an interdisciplinary group dedicated to pioneering innovative approaches and algorithms that integrate multi-dimensional data across scales, to understand, predict and manipulate complex biological systems.
IBSE comprises faculty, post-docs, graduate and undergraduate students from many departments across IIT Madras. IBSE is also an integral part of Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI).
IBSE offers post-doctoral fellowships to exceptional doctorates, who are desirous of pursuing 1-2 year research to initiate long-term research goals at the interface of biology and engineering at IBSE, IIT Madras.
- Candidates must have completed their Ph.D. within the last two years
- Candidates must have demonstrated academic excellence
- Academic pedigree, performance
- PhD research area and list of publications, if any
- Proficiency in programming (high-level languages, preferably Python/R/MATLAB)
- Contribution to open-source projects will be a plus
- Work in a highly interdisciplinary environment, with eminent faculty in Systems Biology and Data Science
- Monthly emoluments of ₹45,000 (plus HRA)
- Access to state-of-the-art high-performance CPU/GPU computing infrastructure
- Funds to attend a national conference every year
- Regular colloquia by international experts and workshops
Areas of Research
- Application of systems genetics approaches in India specific clinical datasets
- Network and community detection in multi-omic data
- Metabolic modelling for diseases
- Application of Machine Learning algorithms in clinical data
- Process analytics and systems theory for metabolic modelling and optimisation
- Application of NLP in biological data analysis
- Apply to email@example.com with following details:
- Latest CV describing your academic record with publications list, list of programming languages known, level of proficiency and certification if any (attach a single PDF or link to Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive)
- A research proposal (500-750 words) listing preferred research areas
- IBSE Faculty Mentors (click here for the list) you are interested in
- Deadline for application: 30 June 2019
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed the following month.
Karthik Raman (kraman @ iitm·ac·in) or Himanshu Sinha (sinha @ iitm·ac·in)
Click here for the official website.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)