Scientific computing is a fast-growing, highly interdisciplinary field that involves methods from numerical analysis, high-performance computing and various application fields. It provides better simulation tools aimed to analyze real-life problems. Scientific computing is useful for fabricating and designing industrial machineries and understanding
the underlying physics, which may provide the foundation for upgradation of the existing
Miniaturization has been one of the biggest trends in recent years in all areas of technology. Modeling and computer simulation of several microfluidic processes forms a powerful method for the miniaturization of biological and chemical assays.
• Overview of sophisticated numerical methods
• Modeling transport processes
• Modeling and simulation of Micro- and nanofluidics processes
• Modeling and simulation of multiphase flows
• Simulation of multi-phase and multicomponent fluid flows
• Numerical simulation of transport and separation of micro-particles
• Targeted drug delivery
• Deterministic and stochastic modeling of biological systems
• Computer Lab. and CFD softwares
Category A:Faculty members of TEQIP-III approved Engineering colleges/ Institutes/ Universities with M.Sc./PhD in Mathematics/ Physics and B.Tech/M.Tech/PhD in Aerospace/ Mechanical/ Chemical/ Metallurgical/ Computer Engineering.
Category B: Industry/ Institute Sponsored Participants with above mentioned academic
- Number of participants for the course will be limited to forty.
- The course is free for Category A.
- The course fee for Sponsored Candidates (Category B) is Rs. 5,000/- for students and Rs. 10,000/- for others. Registration fee includes study materials only.
Last date for receipt of application: October 10, 2018
Start of Course: November 19, 2018
End of Course: November 23, 2018
How to Apply
Procedure for applying in IIT Kharagpur online Course Registration portal Use the link:
Step to be followed:
2. Verify your email-id (link will be send to your e-mail)
4. Edit Profile(Fill up all the mandatory fields, upload photo and signature)
5. Click on ‘APPLY NOW’ button.
6. Upload your pdf format id-card.
An e-mail will be communicated from the Continuing Education Program, IIT Kharagpur to
the shortlisted applicants stating the payment details.
** This is one time sign up process in apply to IIT Kharagpur online Course Registration portal. You can apply to other courses using the same credential.
Details of “How to Pay” is available at
https://erp.iitkgp.ac.in/CEP/courses.htm upon the candidate getting shortlisted.
Step to be followed for payment:
1. Click on the button “Pay Fees”. You will be redirected to IIT Kharagpur Payment Gateway
2. Check the details shown and click on Proceed.
You will be redirected to State Bank of India
MOPS facility (SBIMOPS).
3. Choose the mode of payment and proceed as per instructions.
4. After successful payment through SBI MOPS click on “Click here to return to IIT Kharagpur e-Transaction.
For any queries please send E-mail to:
Course Schedule &Venue
9:30 am to 6:15 pm with 2 hour lunch break on each day.
B R Seth Seminar Hall,Department of Mathematics,IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur, India.
For further details, click on this link