The first, second and third short term programs on RAMS for Railway Systems were conducted during July 21‐25, 2014; July 27 – 31, 2015 and July 11-15, 2016. The programs received good response from industries in terms of participation and on completion of the course the feedbacks were highly positive.
Based on the feedbacks and multiple requests received, the program is proudly being offered again. We look forward to benefit Indian Railway in general through bringing awareness about RAMS concepts and provide basic training in these concepts.
Who Should Attend?
Practicing Professionals, Engineers and Managers in the fields of design, development, consulting, manufacturing, audit, operations, maintenance, and QA/QC in the rail or metro rail industry.
- Introduction to RAMS Parameters
- Basic Probability and Statistics
- Failure Data Analysis
- Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis
- System Reliability Modelling a) Reliability Block Diagram b) Fault and Event Tree Analysis
- Design for Reliability – Apportionment of RAMS Parameters
- Basics of V&V and Software Reliability
- Hazard Analysis, Risk Matrix and SIL Allocation
- CENELEC Standards- EN 50126, EN 50128 and EN 50129
- RAM and Safety demonstration during operation
Faculty: The program is designed and delivered by experts with years of experience in RAMS analysis, metro and rail technologies. Almost all Faculty members are currently associated with the industry in a consulting role. Participating Organizations in earlier
- INR: 40,000 only (For Indian Nationals)
- USD: 1,000 only (For Foreign Nationals)
Limited Seats: 20(Twenty only)
Registration fee to be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of “CEP‐STC, IIT Kharagpur” payable at “Syndicate Bank, IIT Kharagpur”. Coordinator can be contacted for getting online transfer details and other payment related issues.
Accommodation: The accommodation will be provided to participants in our guest house on payment and request basis. Fee does not include travel and local hospitality. For more details, please contact us.
Address for correspondence:
Prof. Neeraj Kumar Goyal (Coordinator)
Subir Chowdhury School of Quality & Reliability
IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal – 721302
Tel: +91 3222 28 3990
Mob: + 91 9434741267
Dr. Ajeet Kumar Pandey (Co‐coordinator)
RAMS Consultant, L&T Technology Services
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Mob: + 91 8886411889
For more details, please find the course brochure here.