The basis of the course is understanding of the different methods, the modern technologies, the underlying principles, high potentials and limitations of the advanced geo-imaging and geo-informatics techniques including learning about the criteria for useful applications.
Conceptualising the processes of creating digital databases & environments, gaining the practical skills by using existing tools in laboratory sessions, developing complete applications through field/group projects.
- Enabling Technologies for Digital Image Processing, Geo-Spatial Imaging, Remote Sensing & GIS
- Definition and Characteristics of the modern sensors
- Principles of latest techniques for solving various engineering problems
- Geometric Modeling Principles
- Modeling of Digital Environments
- Existing Tools
- Special Topics: Global Positioning System, GIS, Remote Sensing, LU/LC, Change detection, Digital Photogrammetry, Cadastral Intelligence, Situational Awareness, Terrestrial Laser Scanner and Radar Scanners.
- To anyone interested and working on the application of Geo-informatics, Geo-Imaging, Remote Sensing and GIS Technologies.
- Field/practicing engineers.
- Faculty of government / private colleges/institutions of the country.
- People involved in R&D or consultancy or industry in these areas are eligible to apply.
- Persons with backgrounds in CSE/ EE / ECE/ GG / EXGG / Civil / Mining / Geography may apply.
Click here for the registration form.
Demand draft is drawn in favour of ‘CEP-STC, IIT Kharagpur’ payable at Kharagpur or deposited electronically in
Bank: SYNDICATE BANK, IITKGP
Bank A/C No.: 9556 2200002955
Bank Code: MICR 000025000
Core Banking No for Electronic Fund Transfer: SYNB0009556.
(a) Industry executives (individual):
Group (not less than 3 individuals) Rs.18,000 per individual Rs.20,000
(b) Faculty from Colleges/scientists from different organizations:
Group (not less than 3 individuals) Rs.13,000 per individual Rs.15,000
(c) Officials from NGOs (Individual) :
Group (not less than 3 individuals) Rs. 8,000 per individual Rs.10,000
(d) Research Scholars / Students / Technical Assistants (Individual) :
Group (not less than 3 individuals) Rs.6,000 per individual Rs. 8000
Last date of receipt of application: December 20, 2017
Intimation of selection: December 24, 2017
Confirmation by applicant: December 26, 2017
Prof.D.Chakravarthy; Mobile: 9434084681,9332036095.