This conference seeks to explore current trends and projected future changes regarding design, installation and operation of marine structures. Such structures are involved in shipping, exploitation of offshore oil and gas hydrocarbons, generation of wave energy, fisheries production as well as for offshore infrastructure construction.
The main aim of this conference is to study and demonstrate the vast pool of resources that exists for developing new structures and operational procedures, for innovative and practical methods to operate the new technology as well as the pressing needs for further research and development. This will require innovative thinking from all sectors of the maritime industry, and particularly those involved in ship design and construction.
The theme of the fifth International Conference on Ship & Offshore Technology – India 2017 will be on “Innovations in Ocean Structures”. It will bring together members of the international maritime industry to present and discuss the latest developments in the design and construction of offshore structures which will provide improvements in production and operating cost-competitiveness of the shipping and offshore industry.
Papers are invited on the following topics with primary focus on Innovations in Ocean Structures:
- Fluid-structure interaction
- Design and construction of ocean structures
- Port and Harbor Engineering
- Coastal structures
- Installation of marine structures
- Ocean renewable energy
- Marine safety
- Marine Materials
Papers addressing issues regarding Ocean Structures not restricted to above topics will also be considered.
- Delegates from India & SAARC countries: INR 8,000
- Authors: INR 6,000
- Student delegates from India & SAARC countries: INR 3,000
- Non-Indian delegates: USD 400
- Non-Indian student delegates: USD 200
- Accompanying person: INR 4,000 / USD 100
Registration fees will include the following:
- Transport to and from Calcutta
- Conference proceedings
- Evening reception on 6 Dec 2017
- Conference banquet on 7 Dec 2017
The payment can be made through cheque / demand draft drawn in favor of “CEP-STC, IIT Kharagpur”, payable at Kharagpur, INDIA. The payment can also be made through electronic fund transfer. The bank details are as follows:
Account Name: CEP-STC, IIT Kharagpur
Account Number: 95562200002955
Bank Name: SYNDICATE BANK
Bank Branch Name: SRIC, IIT KHARAGPUR (Branch Code: 9556)
IFSC Code: SYNB0009556
Bank Address: IIT KHARAGPUR, KHARAGPUR- 721 302, MEDINIPUR DIST. (W. B.), INDIA,
Swift Code: SYN BIN BB 120
- Conference Dates: 7th – 8th Dec, 2017
- Abstract Sub. Deadline: 15th May 15th June, 2017
- Abstract Acceptance: 30th June 15th July, 2017
- Paper Submission Deadline: 30 Sep, 2017
For more details, please see the conference website here.