Applications are invited for the post of Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and Senior Project Scientist under various funded projects at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
The post details are given below.
1. Senior Research Fellow (01)
Applications are invited for the following project position which is purely temporary in nature. Applicants can apply through email only on the below-mentioned mail ids giving details of educational qualification and experience.
Nanohybrids for Hydrogen Storage
- M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering/ Materials Science and Engineering/ Metallurgical Engineering/ Nanoscience and Nanotechnology with minimum percentage marks: 70% in M.Tech & 60% in B.Tech. If the candidate has done B.Sc and M.Sc. before M.Tech. then 60% marks are a minimum requirement at these levels. (For candidates with M.Tech. qualification) OR,
- M.Sc in Physics/ Materials Science/ Chemistry. The candidate should have taken mathematics courses at B.Sc level (with 60%) and a minimum of 65% or 6.5 CPI in Master’s degree with first division in bachelor’s degree, JRF qualified or 95 percentile or higher in GATE. Experience of two years (in research).
- Knowledge of X-ray diffraction (XRD).
- Preferred: use of Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) & Chemical synthesis methods.
- The candidate is expected to be self-driven for conducting research and publishing his/ her work in high-quality scientific journals and conferences.
A consolidated salary of Rs. 35,000 per month for SRF.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply by sending CV/ bio-data to email@example.com, (with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following attachments:
- Complete information regarding educational qualifications indicating the year of passing, percentage of marks/ division,
- Complete details of relevant working experience,
- Career goals,
- Details of GATE/ JRF qualification (valid score/ qualification).
The last date to apply is September 1, 2020.
2. Senior Project Scientist (01)
IIT Kanpur invites applications for the one post of Senior Project Scientist in the Maharashtra Pollution Control Board sponsored project “Technical Assessment of Low-Cost Sensor-based PM2.5 and PM10 Monitoring Network in Maharashtra”.
- Ph.D. + two-year relevant experience in machine learning and signal processing related area.
- Strong background in the theory of machine learning, statistics, and signal processing.
- Significant background in big data analysis.
- High proficiency in programming (python, bash scripts).
- Good experience in deep learning.
The appointment for the above post initially will be for 1 year.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply via email (to email@example.com) giving full details qualifications and experience with copies of relevant certificates by 28 August 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Research Assistants at National Museum Institute, New Delhi [4 Vacancies]: Apply by Aug 26.