Applications are invited for the post of Senior Research Fellow (SRF) to work on the project “Effect of flexibility in flapping foil on flow and thrust generation”.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (also known as IIT Kanpur or IITK) is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
Established in 1960 as one of the first Indian Institutes of Technology, the institute was created with the assistance of a consortium of nine US research universities as part of the Kanpur Indo-American Programme (KIAP).
Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science OR Graduate/ Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
- The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, llT, llSc, IISER, etc.
- Two years of research experience in the field of experimental fluid mechanics focusing especially on PIV, Shadowgraph technique, high-speed imaging is a must.
- Candidates with research experience in the area of flapping foils with applications to propulsion and biofluid dynamics will seek preference.
- Hands-on experience in experiments with skills in flow visualization techniques, PIV, force measurements, etc., and computational fluid dynamics using open-source software (e.g., OpenFOAM) are very desirable.
Rs. 35,000/- (Consolidated)
Till the end of the project (This post is a temporary and contractual basis).
How to Apply?
A hard copy of the application giving full details of qualification, experience, and latest CV with copies of relevant certificates must reach Dr. Sachin Y. Shinde, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kanpur, Kanpur 208016, Uttar Pradesh before 20th November 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Only hard-copy applications sent to the above address will be accepted. No TA/ DA/ Courier-post charges will be paid for application, Written Test, and/ or interview.
The selection will be based on the zoom/ skype online interview. Shortlisted candidates will be informed with an email about the date of the interview. Interested candidates may apply giving full details of qualification, experience, latest CV highlighting the relevant research experience, with copies of relevant certificates. It is mandatory to mention your email address, skype/ zoom address, and mobile number in the application.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Research Associate at IIT Kanpur [2 Vacancies]: Apply by Nov 20.