Applications are invited for the temporary or contractual post of Project Engineer under the project entitled “A Multi-Sensor Approach to Pedestrian Detection and Tracking in Unstructured Environments” funded by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), in the Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Kanpur.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (also known as IIT Kanpur or IITK) is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
Established in 1960 as one of the first Indian Institutes of Technology, the institute was created with the assistance of a consortium of nine US research universities as part of the Kanpur Indo-American Program (KIAP).
Project Engineer (01)
This job will require reviewing research papers, developing, and testing algorithms for processing data, setting up experiments, preparing reports and presentations, and complete documentation of the developed algorithms and results.
- M.Tech OR B.Tech with M.B.A. OR B.Tech + 3 years relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in programming.
- Candidate with a background in Geoinformatics/Geomatics is preferred
- Experience with working with LiDAR point cloud will be given preference.
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning.
- Motivated and willing to learn about new technologies.
You might also be interested in Project Engineer (Under ISRO Funded Project) at IIT Kanpur: Apply by Jan 5.
Rs. 26,400 – 2,200 – 66,000/- per month
The appointment will be for one (01) year and is extendable (based on performance) for up to two (02) years or the end of the project, whichever is earlier.
How to Apply?
The application should be submitted online via email to email@example.com. Applications submitted in any other mode will not be accepted. The last date for submitting the online application is January 12, 2021, by 5 PM.
The application should include:
- Complete biodata (CV) of the candidate
- Scanned copies of the relevant degree certificates
- Details of publications/ completed projects (if any)
- Any other documents
The selection will be based on an online interview. The shortlisted candidate will be informed via email about the date of the interview.
Dr. Salil Goel
Department of Civil Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
For full notification, click the link below.