Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) Lab, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Kanpur is inviting applications from intersted and motivated candidates for temporary or contractual posts of Resarch Associate (RA III) in a time bound research project.
Single-Carrier Decoy-State Frequency-Coded Quantum Key Distribution Over 50km Optical Fiber.
The project is funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) under the QUEST scheme.
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Physics or interdisciplinary centers with thesis in the areas of quantum cryptography/nonlinear fiber-optics/quantum optics.
Candidates should have sufficient knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas
- Experimental knowledge of optical fibers and WDM optical components.
- Photon pair generation and detection in fibers and free-space.
- FPGA programming on Xilinx Vivado platform.
- Digital signal processing using FPGAs/DSP processors.
- Theory of quantum key distribution protocols, security analysis, and implementation.
- Statistical data analysis and report generation.
- Hardware implementation of digital communication algorithms.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, C/C++, VHDL/Verilog, LTSPICE.
- Guiding team members to complete project-related tasks.
Consolidated Rs. 54,000/- per month.
Term of Appointment
Initial appointment of one year. Upon satisfactory performance renewable for 2 years or end of project whichever is earlier.
How to Apply
The application should be submitted strictly online. Application will not be accepted in any other mode. To apply, please click here.
Candidates will be shortlisted for interviews after preliminary screening of the received applications. Interviews may involve
(i) telephone/video-conference and
(ii) personal interview at EE department, IIT Kanpur.
Please note that no TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
The last date for submitting online application shall be on or before 16th September 2019.
Coordinator, QKD Lab, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur – 208016 (India).