The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur invites application for the post of Project Post Doc Fellow (Post-doctoral research fellow) in the SERB project “Understanding The Self-Assembly Of Amphiphilic Molecules In Supercooled Solvents Using Molecular Simulations”.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
The candidate would be responsible for developing coarse-grain models of amphiphilic surfactants in aqueous systems and investigate the nucleation behavior under a supercooled environment using molecular simulations. The candidate would be working with two members of the group and also will get an opportunity to collaborate on the subject with a company. The candidate will also have to guide the Ph.D. student and assist the PI in other research activities.
- Ph.D. in Physics/ Physical Chemistry/Chemical Engineering.
- The candidate should have a significant background in molecular simulations and thermodynamics.
- The candidate should have significant experience in quantum/ classical molecular simulations.
- The candidate should have experience in coding in python, C, C++, and experience of the Linux environment.
- Additional experience in molecular simulation of self-assembly of surfactant, Enhance Sampling methods (such as metadynamics, umbrella sampling, FFS), nucleation theory and simulations, force-field generation, and coarse-graining would be desirable.
- Experience in using GROMACS, PLUMED, GAUSSIAN, LAMMPS, etc.
The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent If the performance of the candidate is good. The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis
Rs. 50000-55000-60000/- per month
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Selection will be based on the Zoom/ Skype online interview. Shortlisted candidates will be informed with an email about the date of the interview.
It is mandatory to mention your mobile number in the application (soft copy). The last date to apply is October 29, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Post-Doctoral Fellow at IIT Ropar [Monthly Fellowship Upto Rs. 55k]: Apply by Nov 13.