Applications are invited for the post of “Project Engineer” in Project numbered 2016466 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (also known as IIT Kanpur or IITK) is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
Established in 1960 as one of the first Indian Institutes of Technology, the institute was created with the assistance of a consortium of nine US research universities as part of the Kanpur Indo-American Programme (KIAP).
Project Engineer (04)
The candidate’s major tasks and responsibilities will include:
- The position entails working closely with visual designers and back-end engineers to build secure web based systems.
- Securing and maintaining the integrity of existing web applications.
- Design and development of monitoring platform for data acquisition, data analytics and patch management of publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.
- Create design documents, test plans, and deployment plans.
- M.Tech or B.Tech with MBA or B.Tech with 3 years relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of CMS in general and thorough understanding of Drupal and its core principles in particular
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with working on ELK stack
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Knowledge of computer networks
- Experience in Cyber Security of Web Based Systems and databases
- HTML5 and CSS3 knowledge and latest responsive design techniques
- Very good writing, and speaking ability in English
- Ability to work on deadline driven projects.
Appointment will be made initially for one year and can be extended up to five years or till the end of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance. Performance reviews will be held weekly. The appointment can be terminated at any time if found unsatisfactory.
INR 26400- 2200-66000
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply by sending a detailed resume with soft/scanned copies of all experiences and project details, a cover letter summarizing the experience in relevant technologies and software, degree certificate and grade sheets for all degrees, School final, and Higher Secondary exams. Submission will be accepted only thorough email at email@example.com , Sandeep K. Shukla, Professor, Computer Science and Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur 208016, UP.
Please note that if detailed cover letter, copies of grade sheets, certificates are missing, the application will be immediately rejected. Please indicate clearly the Project Number and position being applied for on the envelope. No hardcopy of applications will be accepted due to prevailing Covid situation. The last date to apply is November 9, 2020,
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Senior Project Executive Engineer at IIT Kanpur [2 Vacancies]: Apply by Nov 5.