Applications are invited for the posts of Project Post Doc Fellows (post-doctoral research fellow) in the project “Contribution to Research for Clean Air Project in India” sponsored by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
The candidate would be responsible for coordinating and running a large scale campaign for air quality measurements. The candidate would be in charge of high-end instruments and will be responsible for their regular operation, calibration, and maintenance. He/ she will be required to travel out of the station as and when required for the project. The candidate will also take part in the analysis of large data sets that evolved during such campaigns.
- Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Aerosol Science/ Physics/ Climate Sciences or a related quantitative field.
- Strong background in atmospheric science, air quality sampling, air quality research.
- Significant background in handling and processing large data sets.
- Good experience in field experiment environmental sensing/ measurement.
- Impressive publications record in high impact air quality research journals.
INR 50,000/- per month
The appointment for the post is for 3 years. The appointment will initially be for one year. Renewal will be subjected to the performance of the candidate.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) giving full details qualifications and experience with copies of relevant certificates by 03 September 2020.
The Selection will be based on the Zoom/ Skype online interview. Short-listed candidates will be informed of the date of the interview by email.
For full notification, click the link below.