Applications are invited for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work in the project ” Generation and Labelling of LiDAR Point Cloud for Automatic Classification through CNN Approach “
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (also known as IIT Kanpur or IITK) is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
Established in 1960 as one of the first Indian Institutes of Technology, the institute was created with the assistance of a consortium of nine US research universities as part of the Kanpur Indo-American Program (KIAP).
Junior Research Fellows (02)
- Taking a lead role in the development of LiDAR-based simulation software.
- Development of Machine Learning (ML), more specifically Deep Learning (DL) algorithms. Or
- Development of Geoweb services.
Post graduate degree in basic science (Geoinformatics/ Remote Sensing/ Photogrammetry / GIS /Mathematics / Physics or graduate (Computer Science/ Information Technology) / Post graduate degree in professional courses (Geoinformatics/ Remote Sensing/ Photogrammetry/ GIS) selected through a process described through any one of the following:
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests-CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE
- The selection process through National level examination conducted by central government departments and their agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
- Proficiency in Python programming language. Knowledge of languages, i.e., C++, Java is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Web-GIS, spatial database management, online data processing, and Web Services.
You might also be interested in Research Associate at IIT Kanpur [2 Vacancies]: Apply by Dec 31.
Rs. 31,000/- per month
03 Months or End of project (whichever is early) (This post is temporary and contractual basic) (duration likely to extend)
How to Apply?
The selection will be based on Zoom/ Skype online interview. Short listed candidates will be informed with an email about the date of interview. Interested candidates may apply on email giving full details of qualification, experience with copies of relevant certificates by December 25th, 2020.
It is mandatory to mention your mobile number in the application. Application (soft copy) must be sent at following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 28th, 2020 at 5 PM.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.