Applications are invited for two positions of Research Associate-III, initially for a period of one year (extendable depending on the performance) in the DST sponsored project DST/CE/2019123 entitled “National Centre in Geodesy” at IIT Kanpur.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (also known as IIT Kanpur or IITK) is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act. Established in 1960 as one of the first Indian Institutes of Technology, the institute was created with the assistance of a consortium of nine US research universities as part of the Kanpur Indo-American Programme (KIAP).
Research Associate-III (02)
Extensive fieldwork using GNSS receiver, digital level, total station, terrestrial laser scanner, Gravimeter, etc. for ground-based geodetic surveys in different parts of India. Further, the candidate must hold the responsibility for the routine processing of datasets from GNSS and other sensors.
The candidate would be responsible for managing human resource, preparing project reports, inviting quotations for equipment/ software procurement, communicating with national and international domain experts and with participants in various activities of the Centre, preparing course contents for short term courses/workshops/ conferences, assisting ongoing research projects and developing new research project proposals.
- Ph.D. (Physics/ Mathematics/ Earth Science, Geoinformatics) + two years of relevant experience. OR
- B.Tech + M.Tech + Ph.D. (Civil/ Computer Science/ Electricals/ Electronics/ Mining/ IT /Geoinformatics) OR
- M.Tech (Civil /Computer Science / Electricals / Electronics / Mining / IT /Geoinformatics) + three years relevant experience.
- For a Ph.D. degree, duration after three years will be considered as research experience.
- Candidate MUST have prior research experience in a broad area of Geodetic science, should be familiar with the use of different geodetic instruments and software, good mathematical skills, programming skills in MATLAB, C/ C++/ FORTRAN/ Python, and knowledge of geospatial and geodetic packages. In addition, the candidate MUST possess excellent writing and communication skills.
Rs. 54,000 per month + HRA as per Institute norms
How to Apply?
Send your resume indicating (a) experience in the aforementioned areas and (b) your approach/ understanding as to how you will be able to contribute to National Centre in Geodesy at IIT Kanpur in 600 words (in one page), to the undersigned on or before November 10, 2020.
The Selection will be based on the Zoom/ Skype online interview. Shortlisted candidates will be informed with an email about the date of the interview.
Dr. Onkar Dikshit
Coordinator, National Centre for Geodesy
IIT Kanpur, Kanpur 208016
Tel: +91-512-259 7937 (O), Fax: +91-512-259 7395
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Senior Research Fellows (Under CSIR Funded Project) at IIT Palakkad [2 Vacancies]: Apply by Oct 23.