The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur invites application for the post of Project Post Doc Fellow in the DST project “Development of electrochemical biosensors for detection of emerging pollutant in the water”.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
Project Post-Doctoral Fellow (01)
The candidate would be responsible for a module for software primarily integrating adsorption of gases in porous materials with molecular dynamics. The candidate would be working with two members of the group and also will get an opportunity to collaborate on the subject with a company. The candidate will also have to guide the Ph.D. student and assist the PI in other research activities.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering/ Computational Physics/ Physical Chemistry
- The candidate should have a significant background in molecular simulations and thermodynamics.
- The candidate should have significant experience in classical molecular simulations, particularly Monte Carlo and Molecular Dynamics.
- The candidate should have experience in coding in python, C, C++, and experience in the Linux environment.
- Additional experience in the utilization of different methods such as Enhance Sampling methods (such as metadynamics, umbrella sampling, FFS), nucleation theory and simulations, force-field generation would be considered favorably.
- Experience in using GROMACS, PLUMED, GAUSSIAN, LAMMPS, etc.
You might also be interested in Postdoctoral Fellow (Mathematics) at IIT Ropar: Apply by Dec 5.
Consolidated Salary: 47,000.00 + HRA as per institute norms.
The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent If the performance of the candidate is good. The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to email@example.com. The last date to apply is December 6, 2020. The selection will be based on Zoom/ Skype online Interview. Shortlisted candidate s will be informed with an email about the date of the interview.
For full notification, click the link below.