The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Jammu is organizing a 12 week Online Course on Introduction to Embedded System Design from July 20 to October 9, 2020.
This course teaches embedded system design using a building block approach, which allows one to visualize the requirement of an embedded system and then to design it efficiently. The course will teach embedded system design using a microcontroller, namely Texas Instruments MSP430 low power microcontroller.
- The course will introduce various interfacing techniques for popular input devices including sensors, output devices, and communication protocols.
- It will teach power supply design for embedded applications.
- It will also teach effective embedded programming techniques in C and how to maintain code using GIT.
- It will have a significant practical component, which will be achieved through an MSP430 microcontroller kit, to be distributed for free, to selected participants.
- Introduction to Embedded Systems and Computer Systems Terminology. Modular approach to Embedded System Design using the Six-Box model: Input devices, output devices, embedded computer, communication block, host and storage elements, and power supply.
- Microcontroller Based Embedded System Design. Salient Features of Modern Microcontrollers. Elements of Microcontroller Ecosystem and their significance.
- Design of Power Supply for Embedded Systems. Linear Regulator Topologies. Switching Power Supply Topologies. Power Supply Design Considerations for Embedded Systems.
- Advanced Physical Interfacing: Driving load – high side, low side, and H-bridge. Multiplexing displays including Charlieplexing. Shaft encoder.
- Circuit Prototyping techniques. Designing Single Purpose Computers using Finite State Machine with Datapath (FSMD) approach. MSP430 Based Project Design and Implementation. Recap of Course Coverage.
- The course is free to enroll and learn from. But if you want a certificate, you have to register and write the proctored exam conducted by us in person at any of the designated exam centers.
- The exam is optional for a fee of Rs 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only).
- Date and Time of Exams: 18 October 2020, Morning session 9 am to 12 noon; Afternoon Session 2 pm to 5 pm.
- Only the e-certificate will be made available. Hard copies will not be dispatched.
Undergraduate students in engineering and science are invited to apply for the course.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here. The course will be a covered in a duration of 12 weeks from July 20 to October 7, 2020.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Course on Python 3 Programming by University of Michigan [Online, 5 Months]: Register Now.