IIT Hyderabad (with collaboration with the hospital) leading by highly energetic interdisciplinary peoples, is working at the interface between materials and biology to develop next-generation approaches for cancer chronic wound healing. Institute is seeking talented, motivated and passionate individuals to join in efforts for cutting-edge research on “Novel biomaterials for chronic wound healing”.
The candidate will get highly interdisciplinary work environment to perform cutting edge research. The candidate will closely work with collaborators from Hospital in Hyderabad.
- M Tech, M.S, M.Sc. Chemistry/Pharmacy/ Material Science/Biomedical Egg/Nanotechnology/ Biochemistry with first division or equivalent mark from reputed institutes with relevant experience (2-3 years).
- Science degree holder should qualify NET or equivalent examination.
- Preference will be given to the candidates having relevant experience on the abovementioned work and also CSIR/UGC/NET holder with a strong interest in this research field also given priority as well.
- Experience on Biomaterials processing or scaffold fabrication particularly polymers based for tissue engineering application
- Polymer synthesis and modification (optional), Polymer blending, Biomaterials fabrication
- Basic Knowledge on Physical, Organic Chemistry and solvent chemistry, worked with Biopolymers, Basic organic synthesis,
- Eager to learn new interdisciplinary research and technique related to the research
- Biology (Optional): Basic knowledge in Biology, if not, then eager to learn. Cell and culture and different biochemical assays
Duration of Project
Two to Five years (Based on the funding). The appointment will be on a temporary basis for a period of six months. Based on the performance in the initial period, the appointment could be extended till the end of the project. The candidate may have a strong interest to pursue Ph.D. Depending on the performance; candidate will be offered to continue this work for Ph.D.
Will be decided based on the candidate qualification and experience
How to apply?
Eligible candidates should apply with their CV via email to email@example.com on or before 2 July, 2020, with the subject marked as “Research Assistant Position on Wound Healing”. Candidate should provide a short justification note to support his/her candidature for this project. Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview based on merit and experience will be informed via email.
Candidate may contact the Principal Investigator Dr. Jyotsnendu Giri, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org