About IIT Hyderabad
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH) is one of the six new Indian Institutes of Technology established by the Government of India in 2008. In a short span of 12 years, the institute built on an imposing 578-acre campus and has been ranked among the top 10 institutes for four consecutive years in the NIRF released by the Ministry of Education, GoI.
About Deakin University
Established in 1974, Deakin University is one of Australia’s leading tertiary education providers and is ranked in the top 1% of world universities (ARWU). It has won numerous awards and teaches over 60,000 students each year offering students world-class programs and endless opportunities.
About the IITH-Deakin University Joint Doctoral Program (JDP)
IITH and Deakin University are offering a joint doctoral program for bright and motivated students to work on frontier areas of science and technology. The candidates admitted to this program with MTech/ME will get their PhD degree from both Deakin and IITH. The candidates who join with BTech/BE will get dual degree (MTech from IITH and PhD from both Deakin and IITH). Candidate(s) chosen for this JDP will spend up to 12 months at Deakin depending upon the research requirements.
- BE/B Tech in the relevant branches of science/engineering with a CGPA of 8.5 (in 10-point scale) or equivalent for the general category (relaxation will be given for other categories as per the GoI norms). The applicants should have a valid GATE score. The GATE score may be waived for students from IITs and NITs.
- M Des/MSc/M Tech in the relevant branch of design/science/engineering with a CGPA of 8.5 (in 10-point scale) or equivalent for the general category (relaxation will be given for other categories as per the GoI norms).
- IITH will provide the regular PhD fellowship to the students during their stay at IITH and when the students travel to Deakin, student will receive a stipend at the rate of $A28,600 per annum for the duration of their stay.
- In addition to above, Deakin will provide a full tuition fee waiver for up to 4 years and a top-up stipend of $A150 per month for 3 years while they are at IITH.
How to Apply?
- Download the application form here.
- Complete the application form in all respects.
- Forward the completed form along with all documents and testimonials to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30.04.2021, 17:00 IST.
April 30, 2021
For more details, click the link below.