Applications are invited for Special Ph.D. Admission Programme Only Under CSIR/ UGC/ DST-Inspire JRF Scheme for Department of Physics at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati.
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IIT Guwahati, IITG) is a public technical and research university established by the Government of India, located in Guwahati, in the state of Assam in India. It is the sixth Indian Institute of Technology established in India. IIT Guwahati is officially recognised as an Institute of National Importance by the government of India. IIT Guwahati has been ranked 7th both in Engineering and Overall category in NIRF India Rankings 2020, released on 11th June 2020.
- Theoretical condensed matter physics
- Experimental condensed matter physics
- Laser and Photonics
- High Energy Physics
- General Relativity, Astrophysics and Cosmology
- General Non EWS: 02
- EWS: 01
- OBC-NCL: 01
The students will be admitted under the Full time REGULAR only (A student in this category works full-time for his/ her Ph.D. degree.).
For admission to the Ph.D. programme (Regular category) under CSIR/ UGC/ DST-Inspire JRF scheme in the Department of Physics, a candidate must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- The candidate must have to have a valid CSIR/ UGC/ DST-Inspire JRF qualification in Physical Sciences along with one of the below mentioned qualifications: Master’s degree in Physics or related areas of Applied-Physics with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks. (OR) B.Tech./ four-year -B.S. in Engineering/Physics with a minimum of 7.5 CPI (OR) An M.Tech. after M.Sc./B.Tech./four-year-B.S. in Physics/related areas of Applied-Physics with no less than 60% marks or 6.0 CPI in M.Tech. as well as in previous degree.
- If a final year Masters student i.e. a student who has appeared in the qualifying degree examination and his/ her results are awaited OR he/ she is going to appear in all the subjects of his/ her qualifying degree examination, is also eligible to apply and sit for the selection process provided he/ she has a valid CSIR/ UGC/ DST-Inspire certificate. If selected he/she can join the program.
- Please note that, for such candidates, selections shall be provisional. And all provisionally selected candidates shall have to produce their original pass certificates and Mark Sheets of the qualifying degree examination within One Month of the selection process as per the rule of the institution, for regularization – failure to which their admissions shall stand automatically cancelled.
- Minimum Eligibility Criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks or 0.5 CPI for SC/ ST/ PwD applicants.
This will solely come from the CSIR/ UGC/ DST-Inspire and the fellowship will be available to eligible students as per prevailing (CSIR/ UGC/ DST-Inspire, GOI) norms, as applicable from time to time. The students admitted under this special drive scheme of the Institute will not be entertained to request for a financial assistance to the Institution in any form at any circumstances during the period of his/ her Ph.D. programme.
The selection will be based on online interview. The candidates will be intimated well in advance about the interview date.
How to Apply?
- To download the application form, click here.
- The soft copies of complete application form along with proof of valid CSIR-JRF/ DST Inspire-JRF certificate, Consent/ Endorsement letter from the proposed mentor, and other necessary documents as proof of previous qualifications/ experiences, should be sent over Email to the following E-mail id: email@example.com.
- The subject of the E-mail should be: Special Ph.D. Admission Program Only under CSIR/ UGC/ DST-Inspire JRF Scheme.
- The e-mail is to be addressed to the Head of the Department, Physics, IIT Guwahati.
- The last date for the receipt of application form along with all the supporting documents is October 26, 2020.
Phone Number: +91-361-2582750
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.