Summer internship program of IIT Goa is designed to provide hands-on research experience to motivated students in a highly qualified academic setting.
The duration of the program can vary from 6 weeks to 10 weeks, depending on the availability of the faculty and students. All students pursuing relevant Bachelors/Masters program are eligible to apply.
How to apply
- All interested students must fill the online application form. Webpages of the IIT Goa faculties provide a clear idea of available research areas of each department. These details should be used to fill “Preferred research areas” in the application form.
- After the deadline, faculty members of the each department will scrutinize all applications and will select the interns. At the time of selection, a faculty supervisor will be allocated to each student.
- Students can discuss the exact duration of the internship with the supervisor. It is expected that each student spends at least 6 weeks in the institute.
- IIT Goa will not provide any stipend to summer interns, and it will not charge any fee for the same.
- Hostel and mess facilities will be provided to summer students on a sharing basis, and the interns should bear the expenses.
- All summer students who will stay in hostel must avail mess facilities.
- Before arrival, students must pay the hostel and mess fee. Further details on this will be communicated to selected students.
- Upon arrival, all students should submit a Bonafide certificate in original, and two passport size photographs to the academic office.
- The academic office will issue a temporary ID card to summer students, which is mandatory to enter the library and refer books. The library will not issue books to summer students.
- Summer interns will be allowed to use Computer lab located in IT building.
- No medical facilities will be provided to summer students.
- On completion of the project, the student is expected to submit a project completion form from the supervisor. Upon the receipt of this form, the academic office will issue a certification to the student.
Deadline: 27 March 2019
Results will be announced on 5 April 2019
For any other queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the official website, click here.