IIT Gandhinagar invites applications for the post of Postdoctoral Research Fellow in theoretical particle physics. The appointment will be for a period of one year. The candidate will work in collaboration with Prof. Baradhwaj Coleppa in the Physics discipline of IIT Gandhinagar.
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar is a public engineering institution located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It has been declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (01)
- Candidates must have a consistently good scholastic record and a Ph.D. degree in Physics with specialization in theoretical and phenomenological aspects of particle physics.
- Candidates with demonstrable ability in machine learning and LHC physics and/ or astroparticle physics (dark matter phenomenology etc.) are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis recently or will submit their thesis shortly are also eligible for the position.
- The candidate is also expected to help the Institute with various departmental and teaching-related activities.
Rs. 50,000/- per month.
The successful candidate is also strongly encouraged to apply for the National Postdoctoral Fellowship (N-PDF) with Prof. Baradhwaj Coleppa during this one-year tenure depending on eligibility and interest.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to send in their applications to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25, 2021, containing the following documents in pdf format:
- A detailed CV with biodata, academic details, professional experiences, and other relevant information.
- List of publications.
- A short research statement, not exceeding 2 pages.
The application should be prepared in a single pdf file (with the subject line “Particle_Physics_PDF_application_[Last Name of the applicant]”) and emailed to email@example.com. In addition, at least 2 letters of recommendation should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full notification, click the link below.