Applications in the prescribed format are invited from Indian Nationals for appointment to the following posts of IIT Gandhinagar:
- Executive Engineer (Electrical) on deputation basis
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical & Civil) on regular/deputation basis
|Sr No.||Position/Number of Posts/Salary||Required Qualification, Experience||Mode of Recruitment||Age Limit|
|1.||Executive Engineer (Electrical)|
Vacancy : 1(UR)
Pay Scale/Grade Pay: (PB-3) 15,600- 39,100/-GP: 6,600/- (with TA and DA as presently applicable, the gross- excluding HRA- adds up to 67,378/-p.m)Family accommodation in campus will be provided on usual charges
|Eligibility Conditions: |
Qualified Engineers (Graduates in Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent) in service of Central Government/State Governments/ Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous bodies.
The applicant must have adequate experience in the execution and maintenance of Electrical including HVAC works in large building complex
|Deputation||No age bar|
|2.||Assistant Engineer, Electrical & Civil Vacancy: 3|
Electrical: 1(UR) Civil : 1(UR) + 1(OBC)
Family accommodation in campus will be provided on usual charges
|Eligibility Conditions: |
BTech or equivalent in Electrical/Civil Engineering +3 years relevant experience OR Diploma(Elect/Civil) + 6 years relevant experience.
For AE(Elect), degree in Electrical Engineering and work experience in planning, construction, distribution and maintenance of E/I, HVAC and ELV related installations etc.
For AE(Civil), degree in Civil Engineering and work experience in planning, construction and maintenance of buildings and bulk services like WTP and STP etc.
|35 years for applicants on regular basis and ‘No age bar’ for applicants on deputation basis.|
Terms and Conditions:
- Only qualified engineers in service of Central Government, State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies need to apply for deputation basis.
- The applicant for any post must be in the same/ similar cadre of the parent organization. However, those of next lower cadre with outstanding qualification/work experience may also apply for the higher position.
- Candidates must have at least an overall grading of ‘Very good’ in five of past seven APARs starting with 2009-10.
- Applications in hard copy, in the prescribed format available at Institute website( www.iitgn.ac.in), with complete particulars must be forwarded through appropriate authority to Assistant Registrar (Admin.-2) of the Institute on or before 05 June, 2017. However, an advance copy of the application may be sent to reach the Institute before the last date.
- Appointments shall be made on deputation basis, initially for a period of two years, as per Government of India rules for deputation/ foreign service appointments. In addition, the Institute may pay a special allowance of up to 30% of basic pay in deserving cases
- Relaxation in age for SC, ST, OBC, PwD and Ex-Servicemen would be admissible as per Central Government Rules. Employees of IITs who are educationally qualified and otherwise eligible can be considered for the recruitment up to a maximum age of 50 years.
- The Institute reserves the right to relax the specifications with respect to qualification/ experience/age limit in exceptional cases or in cases of persons already holding analogous position in a Govt./University/Research Inst./Industry.
- Higher Initial pay may be considered for deserving candidates.
- Preference will be given to suitable candidates from Persons with Disabilities (PwD) category.
- Online application at the Institute website ( www.iitgn.ac.in) must be submitted on or before midnight of 31 May 2017. Application fee of Rs. 200/- (no application fee for SC/ST, PwD and Women candidates) can be paid online.
- Self-attested copies of documents in support of age, qualification (including marks/grades) and work experience (including dates and remuneration) are to be attached with the application.
- Persons employed in Govt./Semi-Govt. organizations or Educational Institutions should apply with due permission of their competent authority.
- The Institute reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of positions or not to select any candidate for a post, at its own discretion.
- Candidates, who desire to apply for more than one post, must use separate forms for each application and also pay separate fee for each application.
- Outstation candidates called for interview, shall be reimbursed travel expenses from place of residence/work to Gandhinagar and back as per instructions in the call letter, on production of proof of appropriate documents.
No interim correspondence will be entertained. Canvassing in any form shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Fulfilling minimum qualification does not entail a call for interview. The applications received in response to the advertisement shall be scrutinized and only candidates shortlisted from valid applicants, on the basis of better qualification and quality of relevant experience, shall be called for test/presentation/interview.
The authorities reserve all rights, not to call an applicant for interview, without assigning any reason.
- For detailed job description click here.
- Application for deputation basis can be downloaded here.
- Apply online for regular basis by clicking here.
To know more details and visit the official notification, kindly click here.