The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Gandhinagar, invites applications from meritorious candidates for the posts of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and Research Associate (RA) under various funded projects at the institute.
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar is a public engineering institution located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It has been declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
The post details are given below.
1. Junior Research Fellow (01)
Fabrication and characterizations of hierarchically porous Zirconia.
- An M.Tech/ M.Sc. in Materials Science/ Chemical/ Chemistry or allied fields is essential.
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis are also eligible.
- Applicants are expected to be proficient in experimental research, data acquisition and critical analysis, and oral and written scientific communication skills.
- The candidate must have prior experience in one or more of this topics-powders processing, colloidal processing, characterization skills.
- The candidate should be open to learning new techniques and ready for team-work and should be curious about this topic.
- Based on the dedication of the student and project progress, the candidate can convert/ do a Ph.D. in this topic at IITGN after/ during JRF tenure.
Rs. 31,000 p.m.+ HRA
How to Apply?
Interested candidates must send their curriculum vitae, B. Tech and M.Tech/ M.Sc. degree/ provisional certificates, and a cover letter explaining how their previous research expertise and interests would fit the current position requirements, their motivation for this position and future career goals.
The CV must contain contact details of three references. All the documents must be submitted as a single pdf file to Dr. Sriharitha Rowthu (email@example.com). The last date to apply is October 15, 2020, or until this position is filled.
2. Research Associate (01)
Applications are invited for a temporary position of Research Associate (RA) in the project entitled “Development of a Prosumer Driven Integrated SMART Grid” sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology (DST). This project position provides the opportunity to work with the competent research team on upcoming technologies such as SMART Grids, IoT, Blockchain, and Embedded Programming.
Development of a Prosumer Driven Integrated SMART grid funded by DST.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering (research focus in Smart grid, Electricity market, and Power electronics application in distribution network) or M.E./ M.Tech in Electrical Engineering with 03 years of relevant research, teaching, and design and development experience with at least one research paper in SCI Journal.
- Candidate should have the knowledge in Smart grid, Electricity market-energy trading, Energy management, Power electronics, and Mathematical Modeling and Optimization, along with a good software/ programming skills in MATLAB, GAMS, Python.
Rs. 47,000/- to 54,000/- per month; (consolidated amount depending upon the qualification and experience)
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is August 30, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Junior Research Fellows at ICAR-IARI, New Delhi [2 Vacancies]: Apply by Sep 2 & 12.