IIT Gandhinagar invites applications for the post of Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in theoretical gravitational physics. The appointment initially will be for one year, with the possibility of extension to another year based on performance and availability of the fund.
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar is a public engineering institution located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It has been declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
Post-Doctoral Fellow (01)
- The candidate will work in collaboration with Prof. Sudipta Sarkar at Physics discipline, IIT Gandhinagar.
- Candidates must have a consistently good scholastic record and a Ph.D. degree in Physics with a specialization in theoretical aspects of gravitation and black hole physics.
- A successful candidate is expected to conduct research on black hole physics, gravitational waves & other related areas.
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis are equally eligible for the position.
- The candidate is also expected to help the Institute with various departmental and teaching-related activities.
Rs 45,000 – 48,000/- per month and will be decided depending on the experience of the candidate following institute norm.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications online to the email address `firstname.lastname@example.org’ by February 15, 2021, containing the following documents in pdf format:
- A detailed CV with biodata, academic details, professional experiences, and other pertinent information.
- List of publications.
- A short research statement, not exceeding 2 pages.
The application should be prepared in a single pdf file (with the subject “Gravity_PDF_application_2021_[Name of the applicant]”) and emailed to email@example.com. Besides, at least 2 letters of recommendation should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.