IIT Gandhinagar invites applications for the post of Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in History of Mathematics in India. The appointment will be a part of the major project on “History of Mathematics in India” (HoMI), undertaken by IIT Gandhinagar.
It is essential that the candidate has demonstrated exemplary academic record and research potential. The candidate will work in collaboration with mentors at IIT Gandhinagar as well as experts from other national and international institutes. The candidate is expected to conduct research at IIT Gandhinagar on the above-mentioned subjects and help the Institute with various departmental and teaching-related activities.
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar is a public engineering institution located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It has been declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics / Physics / Computer Science.
- Background in History of Mathematics.
- Knowledge of Sanskrit and/ or other classical languages of India.
Rs.60,000 to 80,000 per month, HRA, and medical benefits according to institute norms.
How to Apply?
Potential candidates are requested to submit their applications online to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2020, containing the following documents in pdf format:
- A cover letter with a signature of the candidate.
- A detailed CV with biodata, academic details, professional experiences, and other pertinent information.
- Scanned copies of original certificates and testimonials. Provisional certificate to be attached in case the Ph.D. (or some other) degree has not been awarded.
- List of publications.
- A short research statement, not exceeding 2 pages.
Besides, at least 3 letters of recommendation should be sent directly to email@example.com with a mention of “LOR_[Name of the applicant]” in the subject line of the emails.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Post-Doctoral Fellow at IIT Ropar [Monthly Fellowship Upto Rs. 55k]: Apply by Sept 19.