The Department of Humanities & Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar invites applications for admission into its Masters of Arts (M.A.) in Society and Culture for the upcoming academic session.
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar is a public engineering institution located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It has been declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
IIT Gandhinagar is one of the eight Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) announced by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2008. The institute began operating on a temporary campus at Vishwakarma Government Engineering College, Chandkheda, mentored by the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
- The minimum criterion to apply is a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent CPI/GPA).
- Please note that meeting the minimum application criterion will not guarantee admission to the program. The students who are awaiting final semester/year results and those who would be completing a Bachelor’s degree in the academic year 2020-2021 are also eligible to apply.
- Eligibility requirements for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates will be in accordance with the Supreme Court guidelines.
- The short-listing of the applications will be based on the overall credentials (marks in the qualifying examinations, academic achievements, and aptitude for the study of society and culture, etc).
- The eligibility criteria mentioned above are minimum expectations and the committee may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting.
Eligible candidates admitted to the M.A. program will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs. 5,000/-. The stipend support will be renewed per semester subject to a student’s continued satisfactory progress in the program. The Institute encourages M.A. students to present their research work at national and international conferences and provides travel scholarships of up to Rs. 60,000/- to such students.
Due to the covid situation, both the admission test and interviews will be online. You are requested to have at your disposal, a camera-enabled laptop or desktop for the procedures. The smartphone will not work for the tests. Please make sure you have good connectivity.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is January 15, 2021.
You NEED NOT send the hard copy of the application form. However, you need to furnish a hard copy of the application form with a photograph and all the documentary evidence in original (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience, and research/ professional experience) at the time of the interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected. There is NO application fee.
For full notification, click the link below.