Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in the areas of the mathematical modeling and numerical computations of flow and transport through porous media. The selected candidate will be carrying research along with Prof. Satyajit Pramanik in the above areas and will be funded by the institute.
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar is a public engineering institution located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It has been declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
Institute Postdoctoral Fellow
The successful candidate will have:
- A Ph.D. in a relevant subject, such as applied mathematics, engineering, or physics (must be completed or have submitted Ph.D. thesis).
- Expertise in mathematical modeling and scientific computing, perturbation theory, low Reynolds number flow.
- Experience with hydrodynamic stability theory.
- Experience in nonlinear dynamics and their manifestation in experimental and/ or natural settings.
- Experience with collaboration in research, such as being an active part of an interdisciplinary team, independently managing a discrete area of a large project, and interacting with multiple co-authors when preparing research for publication.
Rs. 45,000-60,000 plus Rs. 11,000 as HRA per month.
The appointment is for one year (possibility of extension on the basis of performance), starting in November 2020, or some other date to be agreed upon.
How to Apply?
Applications may be sent to Prof. Satyajit Pramanik at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each applicant should include a single PDF file containing:
- A complete CV with the details of all educational qualifications, research experiences, publications, and names of three referees including the Ph.D. thesis advisor and the current employer,
- A Brief summary of doctoral research and the most recent research (max 2 pages),
- A Brief summary of future research plans (max 2 pages),
and mention “Application for Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship – 2020” as the subject of the email. For full consideration, each applicant must arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent directly to Prof. Satyajit Pramanik via email at email@example.com.
The position is available immediately and the applications will be accepted until filled.
For full notification, click the link below.