IIT Gandhinagar invites applications for Early career fellowship for the year 2021. The last date of application submission is 1 June 2021.
About the Fellowship
The Early-Career Fellowship Programme demands outstanding academic track record with limited opportunities for the year 2021. While the expectation from the candidates is very high, the Institute is committed to providing necessary support along with a conducive environment to achieve the goals.
Fellows are expected to reach higher scales in their research outcome with significant impact, and that will be supported through exposure to networking for collaborative research, student mentoring, external grant writing, engaging in transformative projects and missions, pursuing entrepreneurial endeavours, etc.
The applicant should have successfully defended their PhD thesis from an Indian Institution/University on or after January 1, 2020, and their research work should be rated high with supporting scholarly publications. The candidates who have submitted their doctoral thesis or expected to submit in the next two-three months are also welcome to apply.
- Fellows are expected to dedicate themselves to work full-time towards their research goals in collaboration with a faculty member, and they should aspire to join another top academic institution after completing their tenure.
- Fellow will work on a specific research project in collaboration with a faculty member besides engaging in other scholarly activities.
- Fellows may be permitted to engage in teaching a course or guiding undergraduate & postgraduate students after assessing their research outcome.
- One of the aims of the project should be to timely disseminate the created knowledge through high-impact scholarly publications.
- The faculty collaborator undertakes to suitably involve, direct, supervise and evaluate the Fellow’s work, and share quarterly assessments and at the conclusion of the Fellowship with the office of the Dean R&D.
- Fellows are expected to submit quarterly reports of their work and engagement in other scholarly activities to the faculty collaborator. The faculty collaborator will provide an objective assessment on the performance of the Fellow before forwarding the report to the office of the Dean R&D.
- Fellows are expected to follow the ethos of the Institute and be proactive towards their performance. We have zero tolerance policy towards poor performance and misconduct and any such instances would trigger one month’s notice or immediately with pay of one-month fellowship.
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online via this page.
- Fellows will receive Rs. 1,00,000 per month (Rs. 90,000/- plus Rs 10,000/- HRA).
- A professional development grant of up to Rs. 2.00 Lakh per year will be made available that also supports international travel to attend conferences, workshops, training programmes, etc.
- Fellows can submit individual proposals for financial support to conduct seminars, workshops and other scholarly activities.
- The Fellowship will be awarded initially for one year. In case of outstanding performance, the Fellowship may be extended for another one year (that is, total Fellowship duration of two years).
For official notification, click on the link below