Registrations are open for IIT Gandhinagar Camp CogSci 2022 for Class 8-12 Students, Teachers & Parents from 7 to 9 January 2021. The last date of registration is 4 January.
About Camp CogSci 2022
Camp CogSci brings you closer to the intriguing workings of cognition, mind, and brain, with activities and sessions that introduce you to the possibilities that lie ahead!
Curiosity Lab invites inquisitive and curious learners, parents, and teachers to develop a deeper understanding of brain-mind, consciousness, and behavior for personal and professional growth, making you future-ready, forever.
Camp CogSci is open to students (8 – 12 grade) with an insatiable curiosity and all interested parents and teachers.
Interested candidates can register via this page.
- Camp CogSci will be held online from 7 – 9 January 2022.
- The deadline for registration is January 4, 2022.
Camp Module & Speakers
- Take a Deep Breath- Benefits of Deep Breathing Exercises on Brain- Dr. Goldy Yadav | Post-Doctoral Researcher, Université Catholique Louvain, Belgium
- Artificial Intelligence: a 20,000 foot view- Dr. Nipun Batra | Assistant Professor, IIT Gandhinagar
- Making Smart Moves: The Cognitive Control of Action- Dr. Pratik Mutha | Jibaben Patel Chair Associate Professor, IIT Gandhinagar
- Teaching Cognitive Skills: The Power of Human-Computer Interaction- Dr. Uttama Lahiri | Professor, IIT Gandhinagar
- Magic of Neurons: From Matter to Imagination- Dr. Leslee Lazar | Assistant Professor, IIT Gandhinagar
- The Musical Brain- Dr. Shantala Hegde | Associate Professor, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences
- Visual Illusions- Dr. Nithin George | Assistant Professor, Ahmedabad University
- Why you shouldn’t take your mind for granted- Dr. Jaison Manjaly | Jasubhai Memorial Chair Professor, IIT Gandhinagar
7 January 2022
- 04:45 – 05:00 pm: Inauguration
- 05:00 – 06:30 pm: The musical brain
- 06:35 – 08:05 pm: Magic of neurons: From matter to imagination
8 January 2022
- 03:00 – 04:30 pm: Artificial Intelligence: a 20,000 foot view
- 04:40 – 06:10 pm: Making smart moves: The cognitive control of action
- 06:20 – 07:50 pm: Teaching cognitive skills: The power of human computer interaction
9 January 2022
- 09:00 – 10:30 am: Visual illusions
- 11:00 – 12:30 pm: Why you shouldn’t take your ‘mind’ for granted
- 04:00 – 05:30 pm: Take a deep breath- Benefits of deep breathing exercises on brain
- 05:40 – 7:10 pm: Cognitive science lab demonstration
You may also be interested in: