Access to clean water and air is indispensable to human life. Yet, managing this access in an efficient and effective way is an immensely complex challenge. The current paradigm for environmental quality evaluation relies on a few fixed air and water quality monitoring stations for large areas.
This Short term course invites some experts to talk about the state-of-the-art and future trends in development and eventual deployment of low-cost, low power, autonomous wireless sensor networks to provide a fine-grained view of several critical water and air quality metrices over large geographic areas (cities, rivers, watersheds etc.).
The short term course will include presentation and discussion session.
Topics to be Covered:
- Spectral indices for water quality monitoring.
- Application and use of different sensor for water quality monitoring.
- Application and use of different sensor for air quality monitoring.
- Maintenance of Environmental sensor.
- IoT(Internet for Things) based solution for environmental quality evaluation and management.
- Design and development of specialty sensors for catering the needs of environmental application.
- Use of e-sensors for a plethora of types of measurements such as temperature, particle counting, electric current, humidity and pH measurements
Participants from R&D Organizations / Faculties, Research Scholars and Technical Staffs Members of Universities, Institutes and AICTE approved engineering colleges.
Participants from R&D Organizations / Faculties and Technical Staffs Members of Universities, Institutes and AICTE approved engineering colleges: Rs. 12000.
The payment in the form of account payee Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Registrar, Indian Institute of Technology (ISM)” payable at SBI, ISM Campus Branch, Dhanbad (Branch Code – 1641) or in the form of electronic payment:
A/C holder: Registrar, Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad
Bank Name: Canara Bank Seraidhela, Dhanbad
Branch Code: 0986,
A duly filled registration form along with Demand Draft or e-payment slip should be sent to any of the coordinators on or before 20th June 2017 by COURIER /SPEED POST.
Participation fees for: PhD students (from other institute) is Rs. 6000, B.Tech and M.Tech students (from other institute) is Rs.3000. While IIT(ISM) students will pay Rs. 500 as participation fees.
Scanned copy of the filled-in registration form should be sent by email. Certificates will be issued only after the completion of the program.
For more details, please see the course brochure here.