IIT Delhi has instituted Summer Research Fellowship Programme for providing opportunity to exceptionally good M.Tech. / M.E. students of different engineering institutes except IITs in India or abroad, to execute an innovative research and development project under the guidance of an IIT Delhi faculty. The applicants must be within Top ten ranks in their respective programme / branch. Students of IITs are not eligible to apply.
The Fellowship work can be done during a period of 8 weeks during the summer vacation. Work under Summer Research Fellowship Programme will start from 21st May 2018.
The fellowship will cover the following:
- Cost of travel (Train-Sleeper class) in the country, to and from IIT Delhi.
- Stay at IIT Delhi during the visit(s), including boarding and lodging in the Institute hostels; and
- Fellowship of Rs. 500/- per week.
The fellow will register at IIT Delhi as a visiting student; he/she will not be required to pay institute registration fees. The fellow will have to bear the insurance charges. The selected fellow will be required to get himself/herself insured against any eventuality for the period stay at this Institute.
Any M.Tech./M.E. student, who has completed at least 1 year of study and has secured at least 70% marks or CGPA of 7.00 (on a 10 point scale) at the end of 1st Year, in her/his respective programme will be eligible to apply for this fellowship.
How to Apply:
Student interested to apply for this fellowship programme should first contact a faculty member at IIT Delhi in his/her area of interest and obtain his/her consent to guide. The applicant should then submit the following to Joint Registrar (Academics), IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016:
- Application form.
- Consolidated grade card.
- Rank Certificate, in class, if any.
- No Objection Certificate from the parent institution stating the starting and ending dates for carrying out full time research work at IIT Delhi under the fellowship programme.
- One Photograph (Passport size) pasted on application form.
- One reference letter in a sealed envelope.
- Consent from IIT Delhi faculty.
Click here to avail the application form.
List of selected Fellows will be announced on the website by 11th May, 2018.
Application Deadline: May 4, 2018.
For further details on the same, click here.