The field of power electronics is changing rapidly in terms of application areas, topologies and introduction of newer generation devices. Be it renewable energy integration or operation of electric vehicles, power electronics has a vital role to play in the future.
The course will cover the traditional as well as emerging power converters from fraction of a kW to GW power level, and voltages from few tens of volts to medium voltage level. It will also include the upcoming WBG devices and challenges with high frequency switching in power converters.
At the end of the course, a participant will be able to:
- Design power converters including the selection of topology, gate drive circuit and thermal design.
- Control the converter through a PWM switching scheme.
- Develop MATLAB models for performing simulation, verify the design and implement in a DSP/FPGA controller.
- Feel confident about the knowledge of recent progress made in power converters.
On successful completion of the course, a course completion certificate will be provided.
The last date for the receipt of the duly filled registration form is 15th June 2019.
The selected candidates will be intimated by 22nd June 2019.
The course will be conducted from 1st July to 5th July 2019.
The following faculty members will deliver lectures and help in simulation during the course:
- Ramkrishan Maheshwari
- Sumit Pramanick
- Soumya Shubhra Nag
- Anandarup Das
All are with the Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Delhi.
The course is designed for
- Faculty members in TEQIP-III institute list.
- Faculty members from non TEQIP institutes.
- Research scholars working in the field of power electronics.
- Industry people looking to enhance their skills.
Fees and Registration
No course fee shall be charged from faculty of TEQIP-III approved institutes. For non TEQIP institutes and industries, the fee structure is given below:
- Research scholar: Rs. 10000+ 18% GST. (Excluding lodging and boarding charges)
- Faculty/Academic institute participants: Rs. 15000+ 18% GST (Excluding lodging and boarding charges)
- Industry participants: Rs. 30000+ 18% GST (Excluding lodging and boarding charges)
The soft copy of the completed registration form along with digital payment receipt should be sent by email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Next Generation Power Converters: Design, PWM strategy and Control’ latest by 15th June 2019.
For registration form, fees details and other details, click here.