PhD Scholarships at IIT Bombay – Monash University, Australia Research Academy [June 2020]: Apply by March 16
The IITB-Monash Research Academy is an exciting partnership between the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) and Monash University, Melbourne (Australia). The academy’s jointly badged PhD Programme accepts students who will undertake interdisciplinary research in all branches of science, technology, computer science, IT, engineering, humanities and social sciences, design and mathematics.
Applications for the June 2020 Intake are now open.
The Academy has created some clusters to better describe submitted research projects. This will aid in a more streamlined student recruitment process and other benefits for categorising the research that is undertaken at The Academy.
- Material Science/Engineering (including Nano, Metallurgy)
- Energy, Green Chem, Chemistry, Catalysis, Reaction Eng
- Math, CFD, Modelling, Manufacturing
- CSE, IT, Optimisation, Data, Sensors, Systems, Signal Processing, Control
- Earth Sciences and Civil Engineering (Geo, Water, Climate)
- Bio, Stem Cells, Bio Chem, Pharma, Food
- Semi-Conductors, Optics, Photonics, Networks, Telecomm, Power Eng
- Design, HSS, Management
- First class Masters’ degree from a reputed university OR
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering/Science with a high GCPA
Although not a prerequisite, candidates who have been highly placed in GATE, GRE, CSIR-NET, JAM or any other competitive exam and who have industry experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Students in the joint IITB-Monash PhD program will benefit from the following funding arrangements:
- Rs 372,000 per annum scholarship for the first two years
- Rs 420,000 per annum after first two years
- A grant of up to A$25,850 per annum in Australia
A minimum of one year in Australia working with your Monash University co-supervisor (some projects may require you to be in Australia for a longer period of time or undertake more than one trip),Waiver of international student tuition fees at Monash University.
NOTE: The above represent a typical scholarship. The actual scholarships that will be provided to a specific student will depend on their qualifications, grades and performance.
How to apply
Apply online at this page.
The last date for submission of EOI form is 16 March 2020.
Click here for the official website.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)