The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bhubaneswar invites applications for admission into M. Tech. Program for the year 2021-22.
Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar (IIT Bhubaneswar or IIT BBS) is a public technical and research university established by the government of India in 2008, located at Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
- Climate Science and Technology
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Power System Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Systems Design
- Thermal Science and Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
Candidates should possess one of the following:
- 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Atmospheric Science/ Marine Science/ Oceanography/ Meteorology/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics along with a valid GATE score.
- 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale in B. Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering/ Infrastructure Engineering, Bachelors in Architecture or Planning along with a valid GATE score.
- 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale in B.Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Electrical, Electrical and Electronics Engineering or equivalent (with a valid GATE score in Electrical Engineering).
- 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale in B.Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Ceramic, Chemical, Mechanical, Production Engineering and allied specializations with valid GATE score or 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in M.Sc. in Materials Science along with a valid GATE score.
The shortlisting of regular candidates for admission into M.Tech. Programs will be based on GATE score only. The fixing of a cut-off score for candidates in different categories shall be as per the norms of the Institute. The selection of regular candidates is based on 70% weightage for the GATE score and 30% weightage for the performance in the Written Test and Interview.
Students who are admitted to M.Tech. Program (except Sponsored) will receive an assistantship as per the applicable rate for a maximum period of 24 months subject to the provisions under regulation. The monthly value of the assistantship shall be as approved by the Board of Governors from time to time with the prior sanction of the Government of India.
The Institute will also provide partial financial assistance to each M. Tech student during their entire M.Tech Program for Paper Presentation at International/ National Conferences/ Seminars/ Symposium as first authors/ visits related to Workshops/ Short Term Course/ Data Collection/ Field Work etc. (within Odisha).
How to Apply?
The application fee For General, OBC, and EWS candidates is Rs. 300/- (Rupees Three hundred only) and For SC/ ST/ PwD candidates it is Rs. 150/- (Rupees One hundred fifty only).
To apply online, click here.
The last date to apply is April 7, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.