Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the following position for the research project titled “Chemical recycling of electronic waste for sustainable livelihoods and material consumption in India” funded by GCRF (EPSRC), the UK for maximum two years or 31 March 2022 whichever is earlier.
Name of Position
Postdoc Research Associate-I
No. of Positions
Duration of Position
One year. Extendable up to 31st March 2022 depending on performance.
Rs. 47,000/- (Consolidated, + HRA (as per the institute rule)
Ph.D Degree in Engineering/ Sciences (Metallurgical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry)
Experience in metal extraction and knowledge of material characterization techniques. Candidates having publications in high impact journals (SCI) will be given preference.
35 years maximum on the last date of application. Age relaxation will be applicable as per the Government of India (GoI) rules for candidates belonging to Female/SC/ST/Divyang categories.
Roles and Responsibilities
The candidate will primarily work on “Recovery of metals from electronic waste for jewellery Making ” under the supervision of Dr. Kamalesh Kumar Singh
General Terms and Conditions
1. The position is purely temporary and is coterminous with the project.
2. The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
4. The candidate, when selected, is expected to join immediately.
5. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
6. All things being equal, SC/ST candidates will be preferred as per GOI rules.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should send their hard copy application in the prescribed format available here to the Principal Investigator to the following address by 13.04.2020 To, Dr. Kamalesh Kumar Singh Professor, Department of Metallurgical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi 221005 (U.P.) INDIA
Interested Applicants can also be sent their applications and scanned copies of certificates and documents by email to the principal Investigator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date of Application
Applicants should apply by 13/04/2020
For official notification click here
You may also be interested in: