About the Institute
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) is dedicated to scientific research and science education of international standards. The IISERs were established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, to bridge this dichotomy. IISER TVM was founded in 2008.
The institute aims to provide high quality education in modern science, integrating it with outstanding research at the undergraduate level itself, and to develop a spirit of enquiry cutting across disciplines. IISER TVM is an autonomous institution offering a five-year BS-MS programme in addition to iPh.D and Ph.D. programmes in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and inter-disciplinary areas.
Designation and Pay
Assistant Professor, Grade I Level 12 Cell 1.
Minimum pay Rs. 1,01,500 per month. Additional Allowances include: House Rent Allowance, travel allowance and pension benefits under New Pension Scheme.
Following are the preferred areas of expertise:
The detailed list can be found here.
Notwithstanding the preferred areas listed above, the Institute will be open to select candidates in frontier of areas of Biology, Chemistry, Data Science, Mathematics and Physics only when they are found to be exceptional.
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout. Three years of Industrial/Research/Teaching experience excluding the duration of Ph.D. Age preferably below 35 years.
Applications should be submitted online as per the instructions given in the website which can be accessed here. Incomplete applications not supported by relevant documents will not be considered.
The deadline for submission of applications is 11:59 pm IST on 15th November 2020.
- The appointment as Faculty will be governed by NIT (Amendment) Act, 2012.
- Reservations will be as per the prevailing Government of India norms as applicable to IISERs.
- Candidates working in Government Organizations/Institutions/Universities/Public sector undertakings should submit a no-objection certificate.
- No enquiries of any kind in regard to the selections will be entertained.
- Institute reserves the right to screen and call only those candidates deemed suitable for presentations followed by interviews. The eligibility criteria are only a bare minimum, and mere fulfillment of the same will not entitle any candidate to be called for interview.
- The institute reserves the right not to fill any vacancy advertised without any reason. The decision of the Institute in all matters shall be final and binding.
Phone: 0471-2778009, 8044, 8028
For more information visit the official website by clicking the link given below: