The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati invites applications from exceptionally bright, motivated, faculty candidates with an established record of independent, high-quality research, and commitment to teaching for faculty positions. IISER Tirupati aims to provide an excellent academic ambiance, start-up research funding for new faculty, and other professional allowances as admissible to Central Government employees in Tirupati.
In addition, faculty joining IISER Tirupati will be eligible for medical reimbursement as per Institute norms and New Pension Scheme applicable to the government employees joining on or after January 01, 2004.
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati was set up by the Government of India in 2015 under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), as the 6th Institute in the chain of reputed IISERs. IISER Tirupati offers a 5-year Dual degree BS-MS course and Ph.D. program in Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Climate Science, Mathematics, and Physics. The Integrated Ph.D. program will be initiated in August 2018. IISER Tirupati is functioning from a transit campus already equipped with lecture halls, libraries, and research facilities and the establishment of the permanent campus is in process.
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
- For Professor: Ph.D. with a first-class or equivalent with a very good academic record and a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- For Associate professor: Ph.D. with a first-class or equivalent in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and at least 6 years of industrial/ research/ teaching experience, of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor.
- For Assistant Professor: Ph.D. with a first-class or equivalent in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and at least 3 years of industrial/ research/ teaching experience after obtaining the Ph.D. degree. Age: Preferably below 38 yrs.
Desirable Preferences: Institute would consider all exceptional candidates in the five branches of science Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Earth and Climate Science, and in Humanities and Social Sciences.
- For Professor: Level 14A with initial pay of Rs. 1,59,100/-.
- For Associate Professor: Level 13A2 with initial pay of Rs. 1,39,600/-.
- For Assistant Professor: Level 12 with initial pay of Rs. 1,01,500/-
In addition to the regular pay, all posts carry House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, and other allowances as per institute rules. Institute’s employees will be covered by the New Pension Scheme (NPS) of Govt. of India.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online for the faculty positions by clicking here. The last date to apply is September 30, 2020.
Institute reserves the right to screen and call only such candidates for an interview as found suitable. The eligibility criteria indicated are bare minimum and mere fulfillment of the same will not entitle the candidates to be called for an interview. If the numbers of applications received are large, the Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than that of the minimum prescribed.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at IISER Tirupati: Apply by Sept 25.