Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Ph. D. program of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) in the Schools of Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences for the session starting from August 2021, i.e., Varsha 2021 semester. Candidates are required to apply through the online portal only.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram (abbreviated as IISER Thiruvananthapuram or IISER-TVM) is an autonomous public research university located in Thiruvananthapuram, India. The institute is one of the seven IISERs established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, to bridge the gap between research and basic sciences’ education at the undergraduate level.
(For school-specific eligibility criteria see below tables)
- 7.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale (or first-class equivalent) or first-class Master’s degree in relevant areas as declared by the respective University. (BE/BTech degree in relevant areas is admissible for selected research areas in School of Physics (see Research Areas))
- The candidate must have qualified for at least one of the following examinations: CSIR-UGC, UGC-NET JRF or GATE, or any other national-level examinations as mentioned below, with validity as of 01 August 2021.
- BS-MS/Masters students from any of the IISERs/IITs/IISc with CGPA 8 or above on a 10-point scale are exempted from national level eligibility test-related criteria.
|SCHOOL||RELEVANT AREAS||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA|
|Biological Sciences||Biological Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Physical Sciences/Mathematics/Bioinformatics/Agricultural Sciences/Veterinary Sciences or a Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).||(General Eligibility 1 AND General Eligibility 2) OR General Eligibility 3 OR DBT-JRF(Category I)*/ ICMR-JRF*/ GATE** (EY, XL, BT only) /JGEEBILS (GS-2021)*** are also eligible to apply. * Only candidates whose ranks make them eligible to avail Category 1 DBT-Junior Research Fellowships tenable at any university/institution in India. Fellowships restricted to join DBT or ICMR sponsored projects are not eligible.|
** GATE (EY) qualified candidates will be considered only for Ecology, Evolution, and Behaviour. GATE (XL) or GATE (BT) qualified candidates will be considered only for Bioinformatics. ***Candidates may be further shortlisted by IISER TVM Ph. D. applications shortlisting committee based on the marks/score.
|Chemical Sciences||Chemical Sciences||(General Eligibility 1 AND General Eligibility 2) OR General Eligibility 3|
|Mathematical Sciences||Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering/relevant area of science||(General Eligibility 1 AND General Eligibility 2) OR General Eligibility 3|
|Physical Sciences||Physical Sciences/Material Science/ Engineering areas closely related to the research areas of School of Physics, IISER TVM||(General Eligibility 1 AND General Eligibility 2) OR General Eligibility 3 For the * marked research areas listed below BE/ BTech candidates are eligible to apply.|
How to Apply?
- Applicants belonging to GE/OBC and SC/ST/PH categories are required to make a payment of Rs. 500/- and Rs. 250/-, respectively, as a processing fee by clicking here.
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents online.
- Applicants should provide the Name/ Affiliation/ Contact number and Email addresses of two referees in the application form.
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
|Last date for receipt of online applications||26 June 2021|
|Tentative Interview Dates|
|Biological Sciences||07-09 July 2021|
|Chemical Sciences||12-15 July 2021|
|Mathematical Sciences||12-14 July 2021|
|Physical Sciences||12-13 July 2021|
|Mode of examination||Online Interview|
For full notification, click the link below.
For more such opportunities, check below: