Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country. Institute invites applications from Indian nationals for the position of Post Doctoral Fellow purely on temporary and contractual basis.
Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF)
No. of Posts
Earth & Climate Science
Qualifications & Experience
Ph.D. in any branch of Science / Engineering related to Earth and Climate / related areas Candidates who have submitted thesis may also apply.
Candidates having 0-5 years of research experience after Ph.D. degree in relevant fields will be preferred
The incumbent will be associated with a specific group depending upon his / her research interest, and infrastructural support/supervision required to carry out research.
Initially for a period of one year, extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and availability of funds
PDF: Rs. 50,000/- per month with an annual contingency grant of Rs. 1,00,000/-.
Candidates who have submitted their thesis but not completed defence (i.e. candidates without a provisional certificate of having qualified for the degree), will be designated as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and paid Rs. 35,000/- till the time of submission of Provisional Ph.D. certificate.
- PDF: Not more than 35 years as on the last date of application
- SRF: Not more than 32 years as on the last date of application
How to apply?
Candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format available below this advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 23, 2020, along with the following documents:
- A covering letter that mentions faculty member/s with whom you would like to work. The complete departmental faculty list, with details of their research, may be found here
- A detailed academic CV including a complete list of publications
- A short research proposal not exceeding 2 pages (excluding bibliography and figures) describing the significance of the problem, the objectives & research methodology (including references). Only proposals developed in consultation with the faculty member/s of interest will be considered.
Please mention “Application for the post of Post-Doctoral Fellow (ECS)” in the subject line of your email.
Note: A recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected and verified (with originals) at an appropriate stage.
For more details visit the link given below: