The Indian Institute of Science, Education, and Research (IISER), Pune invites applications from meritorious and eligible candidates for admission into its Ph.D. Program for the academic sessions starting from January 2021.
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune (IISER Pune) is an autonomous public research university established in 2006. It is one of the seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research and was one of the first IISERs to be established along with IISER Kolkata. It is located in Pune, Maharashtra.
For the upcoming academic session, IISER Pune invites applications for admission into the following departments only:
- Earth & Climate Sciences
- For Ph.D. Program in Biology: Masters (or B.E., B.Tech., M.Tech, MBBS) degree holders in any branch of science including physics, chemistry, mathematics, biological sciences, ecology, and environmental sciences, biodiversity, psychology, or equivalent. Applicants must have a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage and not just in majoring subject) or CGPA of 6/10 in the general category or minimum 55% marks in aggregate.
- For Ph.D. in Earth & Climate Science: Students with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA of 6.0 out of 10-point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in Masters (or BS-MS) degree in Geology / Applied Geology / Geophysics / Physics / Mathematics / Atmosphere Science / Climate Science / Engineering, or related subjects. BE/ B.Tech students may also apply.
- For Ph.D. Program in Chemistry: Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in the majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10-point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and Specially abled candidates) in Masters’ Degree in any branch of Science. Candidates with Integrated BS-MS degree/BE /B. Tech /B. Pharm/ME/M. Tech/M. Pharm degree satisfying the above criteria of marks can also apply.
Furthermore, the candidate should have qualified a National Eligibility exam that provides a 5 year Ph.D. fellowship such as CSIR–JRF / UGC–JRF / DBT–JRF–A / ICMR–JRF / DBT–BINC–JRF / Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship OR JEST/ INSPIRE-PhD fellowship / IISER BS-MS dual degree students with CGPA ≥ 8.0/ Rank <=200 in GATE exams/ JGEEBILS.
How to Apply?
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- To apply online for the Ph.D. Program in Biology, click here.
- To apply online for the Ph.D. Program in Chemistry, click here.
- The last date to apply for the Ph.D. Program in Biology is November 8, 2020, and for the Ph.D. program in Chemistry is November 10, 2020.
- The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date.
- After the last date, all applications will be screened and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for an interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) in order to shortlist candidates for interviews depending on the number of applications received.
- Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree program are eligible to apply for Ph.D. program. However, if selected, admission to the Ph.D. program would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before 1st January 2021.
Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree program are eligible to apply for Ph.D. program. However, if selected, admission to the Ph.D. program would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before 1st January 2021.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Ph.D. Admissions (December 2020) at IIT Guwahati: Apply by Nov 10.