The Indian Institute of Science, Education, and Research (IISER), Pune invites applications from Indian nationals having an excellent academic record for the position of Research Associate.
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune (IISER Pune) is an autonomous public research university established in 2006. It is one of the seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research and was one of the first IISERs to be established along with IISER Kolkata. It is located in Pune, Maharashtra.
Nuclear quantum effects on structural properties and dynamics at metal water interfaces: Coupling QMMM and Path Integral Molecular Dynamics funded by DST, Govt. of India.
The incumbent is expected to:
- Perform first-principles molecular dynamics simulations using codes like CP2K, Quantum ESPRESSO, etc.
- Preference will be given to someone with in-depth working knowledge of CP2K. OR
- Performing classical MD simulations with GROMACS, CP2K, etc. with good knowledge of force fields. AND
- Have proficiency in programming with either Fortran, C or python.
- Ph.D. in Physics / Chemistry / Material Science or relevant areas (Candidates who have submitted thesis/ submitting thesis by July 15, 2021 may also apply).
- Candidates having experience in performing either QMMM simulations or path integral molecular dynamics simulations or both will be preferred.
Initially for a period of one year, extendable for a further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and availability of funds.
RA: Rs. 49,000/- + 24% HRA per month to 54,000 + 24% HRA per month depending upon experience.
Candidates who have submitted their thesis but not completed defense (i.e. candidates without a provisional certificate of having qualified for the degree), will be designated as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and paid Rs. 35,000/- + 24% HRA till the time of submission of Provisional Ph.D. certificate.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should send the application by email addressed to email@example.com on or before June 30, 2021. Please mention “Research Associate, Project Code: 30121547” in the subject line of the email. The application should include a full CV with a complete list of publications, a brief summary of the work done in Ph.D. and/ or post Ph.D., the name and contact of at least two referees, and a write-up highlighting the candidate’s expertise in programming.
The candidate should have submitted the thesis by July 15, 2021. An intimation of the same with relevant proof should be sent to the above email ID on or before July 15, 2021.
You might also be interested in:
- Senior Project Scientist/ Engineer at IIT Kanpur: Apply by June 9.
- Project Associate at IISER Pune: Apply by June 15