The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune invites applications from Indian nationals having excellent academic record and relevant work experience for the position of Post-Doctoral Fellow purely on a temporary and contractual basis under the DBT funded project.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
Centre of Excellence in Epigenetics (Phase II) funded by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences from a recognized university/ institute with consistently excellent academic record and relevant research experience as evidenced from thesis work carried out in a reputed scientific institution and/ or publications.
- Ph.D. Degree should be awarded no earlier than July 2017.
- Candidates who have submitted thesis may also apply.
- Candidate with hands on experience in Neurobiology and handling transgenic/ knockout mouse models, and/ or advanced molecular biology techniques including quantitative RT-PCR, ChIP and NGS library preparation.
- Practical experience in protein chemistry, immunohistochemistry and confocal microscopy will be preferred.
- Candidate should have published at least one first author article in peer-reviewed journals in relevant fields.
Initially for a period of one year which may be extended subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project.
Rs. 47,000/- + 24% HRA per month. Candidates who have submitted their thesis but not completed defense (i.e. candidates without a provisional certificate of having qualified for the degree), will be designated as Senior Research
Fellow (SRF) and paid Rs. 35,000/- + 24% HRA till the time of submission of Provisional Ph.D. certificate.
How to Apply?
- To download the application form, click here.
- Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format by email (convert into PDF Format) addressed to email@example.com on or before October 25, 2020.
- Please mention the name of the Post in the subject line of the email.
- List of shortlisted candidates for selection process with details of date & time will be put up on the institute website and the shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail only.
- Therefore, please mention active Mobile Number and Email ID in the application form.
- Recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected and verified at an appropriate stage.
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities/ Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualification/s are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be considered for the selection process.
- Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it may not be convenient
or possible to carry out the selection process for all the candidates.
- Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the number of candidates to be called for the
selection process may be restricted to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualification/s and / or experience/s over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- Age relaxation commensurate with experience of the applicant may be considered for candidates having experience higher than the advertised with the prior approval of the competent authority.
- No TA/ DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
For full notification, click the link below.