Applications are invited from prospective candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Program at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali (IISER Mohali), for the session beginning in January 2021. Candidates interested in pursuing research in interdisciplinary areas are also encouraged to apply.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali (IISER Mohali) is an autonomous public research university established in 2007 at Mohali, Punjab, India. It is one of the seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), established by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India, to research in frontier areas of science and to provide science education at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- For Ph.D. in Biological Sciences: The applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech/ /M. Pharm with a good academic record (at least 60% and above) and should be GATE/CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DBT-BINC/ ICAR-NET/ DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject.
- For Ph.D. in Chemical Sciences: The applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech/ M.Pharm with a good academic record (at least a high second class) and should be GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DBT-BINC/ ICAR-NET/ DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject.
- For Ph.D. in Physical Sciences: The applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record (at least a high second class) and should be GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/DBT-BINC/ ICAR-NET/ DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject.
- For Ph.D. in Earth and Environmental Sciences: An applicant should have a Masters/B.Tech/ M. Tech degree in Atmospheric Sciences/ Earth and Environmental Sciences/ Geology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Environmental Biotechnology/ Biological Sciences/ Geophysics/ Meteorology/Hydrology/ Climate Sciences/ Mathematics / Remote Sensing / Computer Sciences / Artificial Intelligence /Data Sciences and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
- For Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences: An applicant should have M.A./M.Sc./M.Phil degree (minimum 55% for General and OBC category, minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD.) in one or more of the following subjects: Sociology/ Anthropology/ Modern Indian History/ Urban History/ Political Economy/ Urban Studies/ English Literature/ Development Studies/ South Asian Studies/ Economics/ Labour Studies/ Public Policy Studies/ Feminist Geography/ Labour Geography and Critical Infrastructure Studies. Apart from applying online, an applicant must send a statement of proposed research (minimum 1500 words) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the broad subject area (History, Literature, Economics, etc.) as the subject of the email, failing which the application may not be considered for shortlisting. This email address is meant ONLY for sending the statement of the proposed research. Having qualified UGC/ NET/ NET-JRF/ GATE or any other national level eligibility test is required at the time of the PhD application submission. The candidates who have not yet qualified (including those who are awaiting results) for any of the above-mentioned national eligibility tests will not be shortlisted. For English literature, only candidates with UGC-NET-JRF will be considered in the areas of Trauma Studies, Scatology Studies, and Science-in-theatre/ fiction.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is April 30, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.